Translate

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Blender Tutorial for today

It has been a while since I've done one of these. But today I finally felt free enough to devote some of my time to learning a little more about modding or in this case 3D modeling. Now it is not that I am neglecting modding or Skyrim work but it is in fact to improve my modeling for modding.
Today's work was the work on the Penguin which I feared was hard but was not so bad. It is fairly basic but it works.  Blender is a very nice tool for sure it's a shame that so far (at least from the last time I checked) it cannot work with Skyrim.  So I'd have to start fresh if I want to mod there.
Here is little Pingy







He looks nice and smooth, no colors though I can probably make the mesh have colors but it would do no good when exporting to oblivion. It seems according to the book that this is not the last time you will see little Pingy. I may actually use the completed version some how in the game but we'll see about that.

During this tutorial I learned a few tricks they are simple but they were over my head. Basically I learned about getting more camera angles and as well as learned that different things happen depending on those angles too. Another notable thing is that I learned about Unit's I've actually had a clue about them before but never seen it practiced so I kind of left it alone because I did not pay attention to that bar underneath our mesh.
This may be good because it may help me to have a more SET style for my clothing or should I say proportionate?  So when I do subsuf it should come out fairly neat.

No comments:

Post a Comment