Translate

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Another Long Dress

So after a long rant to my Friend KosuKosu1, I decided that I am going to try to spend more time before releasing mods. This is for 2 reasons mainly.
1) I am not 100% satisfied about how some of my clothing comes out and I cannot bare to look at them in comparison to other modders at times. So I decided that I need to become a better moddler and my first attempt was not so so so bad.
I spent a few hours tweaking this mesh and making sure it looks good and eventually came out with something that looked great in blender.






I am trying to really put emphasis in areas where there maybe ripples and such like that.
It looks like a workable model from here. Then I do in the game.






It looks not so great in the game, I mean OK it works but I feel it could look a lot better.
This is where number 2 comes in.
2) I will spend more time on textures, because I do not mean to sound I am not necessarily a bad 3D modeller (I think) but I do think that I could be better and I realize that these textures I have are not doing me much justice. So if I can learn to do textures that actually go with the planned idea I will have a nice concept. This is something I need to work on. I will play around with some more texture things. Though as known that as always these textures are ONLY for testing purposes. To make sure that I got a mesh that works things like that. The real job will be to make the actual textures that will go for both this and the other skirt. For this set it is likely that the armor will be on the right arm instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment