Translate

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

[Permisions] My Take on Paid Modding and Slight Announcement 5/1/2015

[Permisions] My Take on Paid Modding and Slight Announcement

Hey guys,

Firstly, I'd like to apologize for the lack of productions in my mods lately. I think my last post was on February 28th or something like that. The reason is, because I've been going through a lot of changes in my real life which has left me with very little time for modding. But more on that later.

Paid Modding/ Permission addition

I know this issue has been resolve...for now. None the less, I still wanted to point out my stance on the topic of paid modding. Actually, this compelled me to make this post. As you're most likely aware Valve/Betsheda pretty much wanted to put out paid modding on steam. Granted, from what I know it's was meant for Skryim with possible carry over to Oblivion (I have not much time to read the very specific, so sorry). This aforementioned may not be as accurate to what has happened but none the less, I want to make a point clear on this. Even though it was cancelled, it might creep up again, as money always does.

I think that paying for mods is a terrible, horrible, and horrendous idea. Granted, I've recently been told that technically (in some TOS) Bestheda technically owns all of our hard work and can do as they please with it. While that is technically true, I believe the authors of the mods, especially original content, do and morally reserve the right to control how/ where their content is used. IE ( Not wanting it used in certain types of mods or posted to certain sites, or even used at all). With that being said, while my mods have changed to open source, meaning that you can use them. I do ask, that my content is not used for any other game than the game that it is intended for. Most importantly, I ask that you DO NOT use my resources at all, not my meshes, my bodies, nor my textures for paid mods if it every comes up. I've put in a huge amount of hours to provide FREE content to players that wanted something a bit different than your usual lore and politically correct content. I ask that my work is respected and that I am respected for the effort I put in my work. DO NOT SELL MY WORK! It is my work and I do have creative rights to claim this. I also will go on record and say that if this becomes true in the future, I will stop doing mods publicly and only give my future works to select people.

To close off the portion about paid mods, the above is pretty much exactly why it's a bad idea. Someone could just take another persons hard free work and sell it for their own greedy profit.

My Future in Modding/ What have you been up to, Sparkles?

I do confess, I've been very slow to mod and it might be like this for a while. It sucks for me tbh, because I've got a lot of stuff I want to put in game but a little time to do so.I've recently started working on a very nice armor and never got past the upper chest armor due to timing in RL vs Game Life. I have been also in talks with another modder and good friend about modding together. This friend has actually been doing a helluva job too. My friend has essentially taken my mantle on modding TS content and my bodies as well as another body that's ultra curvy. For this, I am very  happy for, as I've anticipated this collaboration for a whole but lacked the fortitude to ask.

With regards to my modding, I am going to definetly post less for a while. But upon returning (hopefully in July), I will be focused on making better content than before. I will probably recreate some older content and kind of give new life to them. I am also still working on improving. I've been slow though and will probably start from scratch (hence the re release of old content - slightly modified with better weighting etc). But I often feel that a fresh start is a great start. I've thought about it alot too, and since my friend likes the Sui-Cup, it'll most likely be back in the mix. I will not do the Sui-Guts/ FCPA release of the modern clothing in the exact form but might pull up something, as I do want to do another pencil skirt and I think it'll look perfect on the Sui-Cups thick and smooth curves.

Anyway, just a little update. I am still here and promise to continue to bring unique TS and Female content to Oblivion.




Screenshots above are mostly credited to my friend who I am still in discussion with regarding the collaboration. But as you see, my friend has very exciting stuff to bring to the table and even converted these sexy tights and shoes to the Sui-Cup body!

Stay tuned!

-Sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment